Articles and reference materials from our business to yours.
Moen Hands-Free Faucets - Breakthrough Performance
Who hasn't visited a commercial restroom and waved their hands in front of a stubborn faucet sensor? Early versions of hands-free faucet technology caused frustration for users. In many cases, the fixtures seemed reluctant to turn on when needed, then were apt to shut off all too quickly. But such experiences should be a thing of the past, thanks to Moen's advanced sensor technology and easy-to-use M•Power™ hands-free faucets.
Like all hands-free products, M•Power faucets start and stop the flow of water automatically. This reduces gallons used, lowers sewage bills, limits hot water consumption, saves energy, and prevents risk of accidental overflow. Lack of handles not only helps prevent the spread of germs and bacteria from user to user, but also minimizes splashing, which cuts down on cleaning frequency and expense.
Advanced electronics set the M•Power line apart. The motion sensor has been carefully engineered to eliminate reflectivity and false sensing, ensuring trouble-free operation every time.
- The above-deck model has been outfitted with a dual electronic eye to reduce false sensing, and a self-adaptive circuit board system adjusts to the environment.
- The 30-second "auto-off" function prevents waste and overflow if the sensor eye is obstructed, yet gives the user enough water for a good wash.
- The below-deck model's sensor is adjustable and ensures a continuous beam for optimal performance. Its auto-off function can be adjusted from zero to 60 seconds.
Turn on water savings
These water-saving features make the faucets a perfect fit for the green building market. "Our M•Power electronic faucets aid in conserving precious resources," says Allen Talley, director, marketing and new product development, Moen Commercial. Talley notes that designing new solutions for conservation of water and energy is a major focus for Moen, a member of the U.S. Green Building Council, a coalition of leaders in the building industry promoting environmentally responsible building and design,
Other features include:
- 0.5 gallons per minute flow rate
- Vandal-resistant aerators
- Slow-closing solenoid valves, to stop water-hammer
- Stainless steel supply lines
- All-metal, chrome-plated construction
The line includes four-inch center-set or single-hole mount lavatory faucets in deck-mount, wall-mount and gooseneck versions. Available accessories include mixing valve, mixing tee, AC adaptor, multi-unit AC adaptor, deck plates, cable and a 24-inch power cable lead for maximum flexibility. Sensors can be powered by standard, lead-free AA Alkaline batteries or a low-powered AC adaptor.
Like all Moen Commercial products, the M•Power line is designed to withstand the wear and tear of heavy daily usage found in most commercial buildings. These faucets are ADA-compliant, virtually maintenance-free and offer convenient features created with the user in mind. TheyÆre also backed by a five-year warranty against material or manufacturing defects.